whats the black plastic cylinder thing near air box? infact what are loads of things?!

just loookded under the hood of my new vr6 highline today properly and found lots of disconnected things!!! i know the abs light doesnt come on but this is a joke! please help me!!

whats the black plastic cylinder thing underneath/near the air box?

it has 2 clear tubes coming from it and ive just found out that one of them is cut and leads to no where....

also ive found at the top rhs of the engine bay near the header tank some sort of small plastic box with 2 wires attaching it to the main loom and 2 hoses covered in braided cotton also are cut.

i did a search on the part number and got a few results, changeover valve/ a.i.r system solenoid/ emission system solenoid/ air control valve????

which one is it ?

also 2 cables with connectors coming out from the engine bay rh arch again near airbox go to no where? are they abs snesors?

please help me as ive just bought the car and now ive noticed these things im pretty gutted.

thanks

john

best thing to do is remove it, block the tube coming from TB/inlet area. the other comes from petrol tank it is a breather, leave it hanging in the inner wing. the canistor does not effect performance, it is something to do with US regs?