Getting car ready for the track

Next year i will be doing a few track days with the big one being the Nurburgring.

What things must i do to the VR to get it ready and what things would you recommend i do but aren't necessary essential.

The car is currently lowerred on Koni Coilovers and i have a front and rear strut brace to go on when i find the time :)

Brakes are standard but i was going to fit Braided hoses shortly.

All help/advice much appreciated folks ;)

My current recomendation is one of these : http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/

Keeps you well in your seat so you can concentrate on steering rather then hanging on.

Unless you go for full on racing seats, a harness is not recommended, especially on a 3dr, as the extra strain in a crash can snap the seat back leaving your own back unprotected.

TG

P.s my apologies if this is teaching you to suck eggs but have a look here www.nurburgring.org.uk before tackling the 'Ring

My cars got Eibach ARB's and has been fully poly bushed, transforms the handling I'd definately recomend it if your doing some track days - my car used to move all over the place under hard braking but since the poly bushes have been fitted it stays in a straight line :0)

Grooved discs & some uprated pads will help aswell otherwise you'll have no brakes after about 4 bends! Go for just grooved as the the drilled and grooved discs warp quickly - I've got standard discs fitted at the mo but with green stuff pads and braided hoses and my brakes didnt fade at all at the ring so I've left the standard discs on for my trip there in 2 weeks time :0)

Is it only two weeks ;-)

When I went for the same brake set up as Seademon I also had ATE Super Blue Racing Fluid 'fitted'. Higher boiling point and lower water uptake. £10+vat/L from Eurocarparts, shops not mail order. A competant mechanic can do the change using 1L.

TG

Hi! I have contacted your administrator about organising a group-buy for the CG-Lock... an ideal add-on for anyone not wanting to go 'all the way' with bucket seat and harness! Regards

Graham

CG-Lock Team

And as if by magic, the shop keeper appeared ;-) (*)

(*) A Mr Ben reference for all u young'uns.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone there?

You are more than welcome to start up the group buy :-)

You do not need approval from any of us staff to do so.

If you head over to the Group Buy section of our forum and put in all the details and prices and numbers needed etc....

People can then show their interest and you can get things moving ;-)

Mark.