What fuel economy should I expect from my Golf VR6?

From the experience of the VR6OC's members, the average fuel consumption figures for a standard (or lightly modified) VR6 are:

Urban: 19-24mpg

Motorway: 27-31mpg

Depending on how hard it is being driven!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg, whilst doing a steady 70mph.

Worst is 22mpg whilst giving it some.

Gauge seems slow to change, the numbers change only every 5-10 mins, and then only by .1mpg at a time....is this normal?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

not long back from leicester i ended the 320 mile round trip with a figure of 40.7 on 95ron fuel but i have seen 47.6 on optimax obd2 owners should check the non return valve for the cam breather as it makes a big difference to fuel economy (when was the last time you changed it)

Where is this non return valve for the cam breather?

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg' date=' whilst doing a steady 70mph.

Gauge seems slow to change, the numbers change only every 5-10 mins, and then only by .1mpg at a time....is this normal?

[/quote']

You have yours set on trip average, not continuous.

the best ive had from mine in a week of ownership is 25.5mpg' date=' whilst doing a steady 70mph.

[/quote']

You have yours set on trip average, not continuous.

Got me interested in this now mate!

How do you get it on continuous?