as you probably know ive recently had the head on the golf rebuilt with new everything! also had the pistons checked and new rings and all was well, however today driving into work going down a big hill in gear just coasting, give it a little bit of throttle to overtake a car and guess what? smoke from the rear, it looks as if its white to me, ive noticed that the temp gauge has been sitting at just over 90 at about 92ish, anyone got any ideas what this could be, could it be the water pump or thermostat or anything else. i cant beleive it, just also checked the coolant and its used a fair bit since the rebuild, the only thing that wasnt replaced was the head bolts as i was advised not to

The Bentley guide ( and I'm guessing all Hayes guides as well ) have a special highlighted warning not to reuse head bolts.

Does seem the likely cause. Get 'em replaced quick and kick the arse of who ever gave you such bad advice.

TG

It's beyond me how the hell a Seat technician could even dream that up!

I would recommend you get an independant engineers report just to harden your case and present it to them. Tell them that they must repair the problem and any damage to your new engine their stupidity has caused is also their responsibility. Arseholes!