VR6 rusted coolant pipe, flange, input thing?

So, I'm having to replace the VR6 in my Scirocco with another one.. (Another story for another time) 

I have the replacement engine ready to go in, well almost.. 

After having a quick look over the new engine to see what I need to order for it, I've noticed this pipe has rusted very badly, probably to someone running the car on just water for quite sometime.. whatever, I need to fix it.. 

The one on my broken engine is corroded even worse so I can only assume this is somewhat a common problem with the VR's. 

So, does anyone know, how to get the rusted one out and if I can get a replacement from Volkswagen, does anyone know a proper name for this part or a part number ect.. 

All help is appreciated.. 

Here's a couple of pictures of the culprit. 

24503192340_162d1da7a4_z.jpgUntitled by Jake Jezard, on Flickr

24772492096_5771918a06_z.jpgUntitled by Jake Jezard, on Flickr

although it looks corroded if it isn't leaking it's probably best to just give it a thorough clean. They are an interference fit, the same principle as the valve guides. So if it needed replacing I'd take it to a machine shop and get them to carefully remove the old pipe. VW don't list this as a separate part of the cylinder head so you could work out the correct diameter of pipe needed for the interference fit, cut a section of this pipe, and then put a slight flare on the end so the hose has an edge to seal against. You could then fit pipe into the cylinder head using a wooden mallet or similair (I would probably use some loctite when fitting this)

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 1:58 PM, rsweeney said:

although it looks corroded if it isn't leaking it's probably best to just give it a thorough clean. They are an interference fit, the same principle as the valve guides. So if it needed replacing I'd take it to a machine shop and get them to carefully remove the old pipe. VW don't list this as a separate part of the cylinder head so you could work out the correct diameter of pipe needed for the interference fit, cut a section of this pipe, and then put a slight flare on the end so the hose has an edge to seal against. You could then fit pipe into the cylinder head using a wooden mallet or similair (I would probably use some loctite when fitting this)

Exactly as above to be honest :) without being able to remove the head you wont be able to do much, ideally if you had the head dipped / cleaned it would bring that right up.