I recently been to a dyno day, wondering what power my car was actually running i decided to put her on. Before i bought the car i know it had a hard life of the previous owner and decided to change this, i did everything it needed from servicing it to even putting fresh leather seats in and buffing it up. Plus many more bits and pieces. My car has done 118000 miles so well bed in :P

She ran 181hhp which for the age and mileage thought was ok.

In the book it says 204 hp

How can i get my power back? Or is it not worth trying cheers.

post-94541-0-50678500-1423253926_thumb.j

post-94541-0-59951300-1423254023_thumb.j

I'm still 95% sure it has something to do with the inlet change over as @ 4800rpm the torque drops and it is ment to climb slightly

Get it on vagcom and possibly to do a throttle body alignment after you have cleaned the throttle body that might help??

Do the usual and check the breathers and vac pipes?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey been ofline for a while, i carried on using my car daily, about 2 weeks ago my engine managment light came on, same fault code and few more, when erased you can here the engine tone change. Im thinking my timing chain may of stretched over time.so i have ordered both chains,new guides tensioners and rear main oil seal etc, going to tackle this on a bank holiday weekend when i have somespare time. May have quick look into camshaft upgrades and clutches/flywheels aswell. Big job brake out :)

I dont think i have time to start searching now for cams anyway, ive booked her in on the dyno aswell after ive done my chain, so will see if its made any difference. That sounds good you having couple days in garage setting all that up then. Be awsome when you have got it on

its proving difficult to get the mounting hardware for the big charger on a mk3

The phirm do a straight bolt on kit for the mk4 platform (don't fit on the mk3 as the chassis leg is in the way)

I wonder if the inlet flap stops working on top end if there is a problem?

Good luck mate hopefully it's nothing serious

In the timing chain kit you get the whole lot

Give the MAF a clean while its off road with some electrical cleaner

Cheers guys, ill have a check of the maf sensor. Yea i got the whole kit, my mate works for audi so managed get everything genuine from the guides to the seals. Dont want to do this job again so just going genuine parts. On other issues my steering rack failed last night :(. So early start this morning sorting a rack. Managed to get this on give her a wash n buff up. Heading to all types in couple hours, should be a good show.

post-94541-0-29604600-1431759820_thumb.j

Well guys fitted my new timing chain this weekend. Runs like a dream :) give her a test run to unphased 15

she runs better than ever. Not a small job but well worth it. Fitted new dmf and clutch aswell and even painted my gearbox/transferbox while they where off.

post-94541-0-14924600-1432504421_thumb.j

I wouldnt mind having a supercharger on there :) i just dont have the time to do it and i like to do all the work myself on my car. Would probably have to send my car away for a week to someone. I could use my bike for work then just for a week or so.