Yeah I got given one buy our valeting supplier at work to try as I was really sceptical about them, but I was seriously proved wrong they're really good........... and strangely addictive to use lol! Just ask Bealieboy he's probably been using his on his neighbours cars or something now he loves it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bennyk

I've used the clay cloth on the Mrs car, 2 of mine and a bloke at work's car. These clay cloths are crazy, the shtuff they remove is incredible! Really easy to use too, I wondered what ben had sold me to start with but soon got the hang of using it. Highly recommended by me anyway!

Edited by Bealieboy

The magpies here.......... :-)

I quite like the sound of these. Never used a clay bar or cloth. What is the idea of them and what benefits.

Are these just a different option to waxing your car??

Much the same, only I have used a bar a few times, so bloody time consuming!

So come on fellas, best one to buy and best way to use it?? Gotta say I have been thinking about it, but also unsure of the best practice compared to a clay bar

As far as my small knowledge of car detailing goes, a clay bar is rubbed over clean paintwork to lift imperfections such as tree sap, overspray and fall out from the running of day to day general car journeys. Clay bars are often used with a lubricant to make the clay slide over the paint and you can often see the said imperfection stuck to the clay. This is a time consuming job and although there are great rewards from the effort and time spent clay barring, it is a bit tricky to master.

Enter the clay cloth; a strange rubbery type surface on one side of a microfibre cloth, this is clay barring made so easy, even my 14 yo stepdaughter could do it. I use mine dry and you use a back and forth action on the panel of your choice, to begin with the cloth sounds like you're actually sanding your car, it sounds dreadful! Once you've gone over the whole panel, turn to a clean part of the rubbery section (I fold mine in half twice) rub over the whole panel again, you know when you've done a good job as you can see a dusty residue on the cloth and the panel and it stops sounding like your sanding you're paint off. Give the panel a wipe to clear the residue and then polish. It strangely transforms the paintwork of your car, the paint looks like it has more depth to the shine...... Highly addictive, you can even use it on windows!

Edited by Bealieboy

I should work for the manufacturer of these clay cloths, I Flippin love mine. I reckon a pm to Bennyk and an exchange of beer vouchers might produce one like mine!

You should pal. I thought you'd copied and pasted that direct from the clay cloth site. Haha.

Pretty sure I seen these on the autosmart van what comes to our works.

I'll be on that van Tuesday picking the guys brains. Haha

Nice right up dude.

Pretty sure Autosmart do these. I'll investigate tomorrow. :-)

Got mine from auto smart was &15 or £20 I think. You don't by any chance have a bloke called Billy come round do ya? Possibly Scottish?

A good tip that he gave me was to bed it in a bit on the windows or a couple of cars windows before you touch the paint

Edited by bennyk