Cold air intake

I have a 2002 Jetta glx . I just got this car as a project . It only has 85000 miles on it one owner. I am not sure if this is the first thing I should put on or add but please advise if I should start with something else. My first addition I believe is going to be a cold air intake. I have never purchased, installed or had one. Please help with suggestions of good brands and styles and also any tips of wisdom .

Thanks

Mike

If you want to upgrade the air filter, I'd suggest staying away from an open cone type due to heat soak from the engine bay. You could modify the airbox and put in a performance panel filter in place of the paper filter or you could go for a bmc carbon dynamics airbox which is essentially a cone type filter inside a carbon fibre tube. I've just fitted one of these and I'm very pleased with it. Next stage after the air filter could be a performance exhaust. There will be other members that will give similar advice, have a look and see what they think and make your choice from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk