It's all about that bass... No treble

Soooo.

Seems my sounds in my corrado is rubbish and have no bass!

I'm not after a sub or anything but would like some better speakers for my rear parcel shelf supports, doors and dashboard. As these all look like original components.

What's available that's ok without going mad?

Does anyone Have any recommendations? Naturally I'd need to know sizes etc..

Cheers guys

Pete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know a lot about ice but do know if your not running a sub and want improved bass 6x9's are good (not as good as using a sub but you know what I mean) you could use a stealth shelf if you want to keep it looking clean. I've used infinity kappa in my mk3 and always thought the were good.

• 2 months later...

Not sure how different the door cards are in your corrado but dynamat or some thing similar to stiffen up the cards,

I'm no expert but what I did was get some foam around 20mm thick and wedged it in between the metal and for cards to stiffen them up which give some more mid bass up front

To check play some bassy tunes loud and feel the door cards if they are vibrating loads what I said will help

Also choosing mid bass speakers is key I can't find the link but you need to look at the QTS and Fs etc

Don't just buy a named expensive brand there are some good reasonable priced speakers out there that will some wicked if your front doors are seeled and don't vibrate

iv got some nasty edge speakers in front doors standard tweets pointing towards the Center mirror standard in back doors and disconnected the rear tweets and a massive 8' alpine sub lol

Long winded by it's Sunday and I'm bored

Also the alpine sub is 120w rms and I'm putting 900w rms through it crossed at 34hz and sub box is tuned to 29hz

This link has some info there is another some where

http://www.mobilesoundscience.com/showthread.php/669-Ideal-parameters-for-midbass-drivers-Qts-Fs-etc

I had some JL 6x9 on a mdf stealth shelf got little bass but sound stage and imaging was sh1t

Don't know the size or the rear speakers in a corrado but earthquake make some 6.5

http://www.earthquakesound.eu/car-audio/sws-subwoofers/sws-65x.aspx

These are going in my rear doors with an amp for mid bass

Once engine is working as it should

• 2 weeks later...