Attatching mudflaps...screws or not?

Hi folks,

I've managed to source/buy a set of front and rear mudflaps for my VR6.

My query is how to go about fitting them especially the rear ones.I don't really want to drill 4-5 holes in the rear bumper if I can help it.

I did see a 4 pack of silver mudflap fixing U clamps off of Ebay which stated on the item description they were suitable for the VW Golf...they were only a couple of squid so no harm done if they ended up being the wrong type.

I've attached a couple of pics of the aforementioned flaps for your ideas/opinions.

Ta muchly,Gazeebo

post-93835-0-25996000-1410874180_thumb.j

post-93835-0-46890700-1410874195_thumb.j

Might be a daft question folks but I'm assuming the bolt of the clamp faces away from the tyre?

Had a go at fitting the flaps(rears)but can't seem to get my head around which way the clamps go...do you have to take the wheelarch liner out first before fitting,then replace after...or am I missing some obvious flaw in my thinking here?

Thanks guys...

I believe the clamps you are talking of are a u shape with a bolt through? I've used them but only with bolt pointing out. I would personally throw caution to the wind and screw them on, as they would have been from the dealer, those clamps may well cause you more hassle as mine often fell off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much Bealieboy,that's the clamps I'm on about.

My main concern about fitting them are obviously the fact that it looks terrible with the bolts totally on view but also the security angle and the possibility of having them nicked too easily(the flaps,not the clamps :D )

It's looking more and more like a screw on type of jobby.

Thanks all for your replies.