Hi after some advice I have just taken my floor carpet out to sort some rust issues and noticed I have a damp front passenger footwell and i think its coming from behind the dash board im hoping its not the heater matric any other ideas I have q mk3 golf thanks in advance damian

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Carpets are all out of car seems to leak when its been raining no holes in floor around the area defo coming from behind the dash just not sure where didnt really want to take dash out but looks like I may have to to find the source of leak

Had a bit of time today so sat in the car and got the missus to hold the hose over the car didnt leak as far as I could see so im a bit stumped will check bond of windscreen over weekend think I might have to take the dash out to find the culprit

• 2 weeks later...

1. Sunroof drain holes leaking into car

2. Scoop under windshield blocked and allowing water in.

3. Slight matrix leak ( though it does steam up as mentioned)

4. Rubber bungs are corroding. Allowing moisture in.

5. Door film within door has become comprimised allowing water in through the rubber seals, passing through the door and out into your car.

6. Poorly bonded windshield (original one still in?)

7. Poor rubber around door seals

Good luck! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

My sunroof tray is fucked and the water leaks into drivers side footwell, I can even see it dribble down the pillar towards the bonnet opener and it just dribbles into the footwell, Was annoying because using a house I couldn't find the problem untill it was raining all day and sat there checking to see where it was coming in